I was born in Trinidad in the West Indies on 28/09/45. My mother and father were both born in Trinidad but my grandparents were from Funchal a protectorate of Portugal and from Scotland. I was a Catholic from birth and am married to a Canadian we have 2 boys and a girl.
My schooling in Trinidad was under the Holy Ghost Fathers and in 1967 I came to Canada to study Chemical Engineering at the University of Toronto. This was my first exposure to anything other than the Traditional Mass.
I now reside in Vancouver in the province of British Columbia. I was a founding member of the Vancouver Traditional Mass Society in 1989 and was involved in getting access to the Traditional Mass in 1989 a quasi parish in 2001 and a personal parish in 2008 served by the FSSP.
In 1995 Mr. Michael Davies requested that our organization become a member of FIUV to represent Canada and form chapters from the Atlantic to the Arctic to the Pacific coast. I have been a Councillor I believe since 2001 and have worked extensively on all statutes committees and sub-committees. By our contacts I have also been able to put forward a number of individuals to help on these sub-committees. Our contact with PCED goes back to the early 90s and I have successfully filed at least two briefs with PCED and am in the process of filing another.
In my opinion FIUV going forward must:
• Maintain a high profile and continue to increase its membership to be able to represent traditional Catholics on a worldwide basis;
• Protect the Mass in Rome from all forces which seek its destruction and
• Set up a sub-committee which will in future handle all member briefs to the PCED to ensure that they do the work mandadated of them in the Summorum Pontificum and Universae Ecclesiae.
No comments:
Post a Comment