Friday, 25 October 2013

Monika Rheinschmitt - Pro Missa Tridentina (Germany)

Dear Members of the Federation,

born 1961 in Stuttgart (South-Germany) I grew up with two brothers in a catholic family. I have a degree in Computer science and worked about 10 years in Software-Projects for big customers, the last years as technical project leader. With the birth of the first of our two sons I stopped working in the IT-field. Since then I care for our family and work honorary for the expansion of the traditional Latin Rite.

Besides my mother-tongue German I am fluent in English and can read Latin texts.

Only in 1989 I came into contact with the old Latin Rite: After the bishop-consecrations by Msgr. Lefebvre in 1988 the German headquarters of Pius X resided in Stuttgart. Therefore the newly founded Fraternity of St. Peter was allowed to celebrate a Sunday-mass in Stuttgart, beginning in early 1989.

My husband and I started to assist at this FSSP-celebrated holy masses, first as “normal” faithful, but soon my husband was asked to become an altar server and I was invited to join the choir. When the Laymovement “Pro Missa Tridentina” was founded in March 1990 for whole Germany I was elected as Vice-President.

In this function I started to publish the PMT-journal which since June 1990 appears twice a year (since more than 3 years as magazine “Dominus vobiscum”).

In the early 1990ies I was elected as President of “Pro Missa Tridentina” and serve up to now in this function to help other traditional groups in Germany to establish a regular mass in the ancient rite. That support reaches from formulating letters to bishops, over giving “kick-of-help” with a mobile choir and some servers for first masses, to training servers and choirs as well as organizing trainings for priests, together with the Fraternity of St. Peter. In 1990 we started with 4 mass-places in Germany, now there are more than 150 – not all, but many of them received help from “Pro Missa Tridentina”.

My first visit to the PCED in Rome was in spring 1995 – where we handed over some 70.000 signatures from German- and French-speaking traditional faithful, requesting the worldwide freedom to celebrate holy masses in the usus antiquior for all priests. Recipients of this petition were Msgr. Camille Perl and then Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger.

Since then I have been in Rome nearly every year, keeping contact to different people: from Cardinal Meyer (the first PCED president) and the PCED-secretary Msgr. Camille Perl over Thomas Röhr (Congregation of Clergy) to Father Lang, then Archbishop Ranjith and then Archbishop Burke – to name a few of them.

Some years as a guest, later as FIUV member Pro Missa Tridentina is connected to the Federation since 1997. 2003 I was elected into the Council and asked to serve as treasurer what I did since then.

Additionally I worked in a task-group on the first round of statutes revisions as well as in another task-group analyzing various forms of Apostolic Administrations.

During the last two years I was a member of the Liturgy and Translations Subcommissions. In this function I revised translations of the Introduction as well as the first three Position Papers so that they could be published on the FIUV-Website (see http://fiuv.org/dossier_liturgy.html).

IMHO the FIUV should take the responsibilities of being the only worldwide representation of traditional Catholics by

• Being present in Rome and establish and develop connections to the PCED – but as well to other persons/dicasteries, e.g. Cardinals Burke and Koch;
• Defending the Usus Antiquior against any compromises by insisting (in Rome and all over the world) that the books of 1962 are used exactly – and no private small “liturgical reforms” are undertaken locally by various priests and lay-groups;
• Intensifying the contact between traditional organizations using their diverse talents and know how.

No comments:

Post a Comment