My name is Godwin Xuereb. I was born in Pieta', Malta in 1969, but have lived most of my life in another town, Fgura. My family was what one could term conservative Catholic. I am married and have two young daughters.
I obtained a Diploma in Italian Language and Culture (University of Perugia) and graduated B.A. (Hons.) in European Studies from the University of Malta. Later this year I will graduate M.A. International Relations from the same University.
My mother tongue is Maltese, and I have a good knowledge of Italian, English and French (in this order). I also have some knowledge of German, Arabic, Spanish, Latin, Bulgarian and Russian.
One of my highlights was when I spent the summer of 1981 serving as an altar boy in St. Peter's Basilica (Vatican). This was possible because of a 1965 agreement between the Holy See and the Dioceses of Malta and Gozo. Another one was the research undertaken in the Vatican Secret Archives in 2011.
I started being attracted to Catholic Tradition by chance in 2002. Thanks to contacts with the Fraternity of Saint Peter (FSSP), a number of Maltese got to know each other and in 2007 we founded Pro Tridentina (Malta). I was its first President until 2012. Currently I am its interim President.
Friday, 25 October 2013
Godwin Xuereb - Pro Tridentina (Malta)
I joined the FIUV Council in 2009, the same year when Pro Tridentina (Malta) became a member. Following my re-election
in 2011, I was the moderator of the Communications sub-committee for some time.
I resigned from the FIUV Council in January 2012 after I was given an important assignment by the Vatican, bearing in mind the difficult circumstances that His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI was facing at the time.
Following the successful conclusion of this assignment, I was co-opted in the FIUV Council in November 2012.
I resigned from the FIUV Council in January 2012 after I was given an important assignment by the Vatican, bearing in mind the difficult circumstances that His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI was facing at the time.
Following the successful conclusion of this assignment, I was co-opted in the FIUV Council in November 2012.
In my opinion, a major task for the FIUV Council that will be elected in November 2013, is to continue spreading its message in a more efficient manner. We know that in today's world we are inundated by conflicting messages, even inside the Catholic Church itself and amongst us traditional Catholics. The new Council should also build on the good work that past Councils have done for the Traditional cause.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment